Mamas I have no words
to express the frustration, disgust, and upset that I’ve been experiencing the last week.
My personal Facebook account was hacked on 8/27/21.
Unauthorized Facebook ads ($25) were placed resulting in my:
Personal Facebook account, Born to Wear Diamonds Facebook Page, Sparkle+All the things with Heather Facebook Group, and Instagram account @heather_borntoweardiamonds all permanently disabled due to violating Facebook Community Standards.
I have no idea how the hacker got into my account. I have no idea what ads were placed.
“I radiate Positive Energy” – I repeat this affirmation daily.
This is what I learned and what my plan is moving forward.
- Be sure you have your account passwords unique and the “two-factor” authentication identity is turned on. I recently reset my password and had my “two-factor” check on, BUT…Way back when, I accidently blocked the number. So when I was asked to insert the code that was sent to my phone, I wasn’t receiving it. I am so upset with myself because maybe, just maybe, that would have helped me save everything. But honestly at the point that since the Ads were placed, the damage was done.
- Have someone you trust be an admin in your FB pages. Therefore if something were to happen, they can still access the page.
- Associate at least three (3) emails with your login. Because I had three emails, I was able to kick out the hacker’s emails to regain access into my account at one point.
- Uploading a form of ID is necessary to “confirm” your identity. I was able to confirm it by submitting my license.
- There is absolutely no human to talk to about this at FB or IG. Everything is done electronically- this is the most frustrating part. It’s clear as day I was hacked. I have screenshots and all the proof needed to show what happened.
Even through all of this, I am not giving up. I am still emailing the FB security team and disputing the charges on Paypal. I’ve heard of people regaining access after 3 months of being disabled, so I’m still investigating.
What does this mean for Born to Wear Diamonds and following me on socials?
The silver lining is always SPARKLE and DISNEY.
My Instagram account for _Spread_the_Sparkle was temporarily disabled but then released. Meaning, I have access to that account. THANK GOODNESS.
Be sure to follow me here- I’ve been growing that account because let’s be honest, we need more Sparkle, Kindness, and Light in this world!
As far as Disney, before my accounts were compromised, I shared The Hubs and I created Magical Destinations Travel, a travel agency specializing in Disney planning. So you can follow us along via Facebook here and Instagram here.
As always, I will still be creating blog posts here… Probably more often now, too.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you all who’ve joined me over the past 10 years as I’ve shared all the things on my social platforms. Without your comments, likes, hearts, and support I honestly wouldn’t be the mama, wife, or entrepreneur that I am today.
Thank you. Love you, mamas!
Sending so much love, light, and sparkle always,