As part of a new year’s resolution, I want to become better at applying makeup. I think I have a pretty good understanding of how “wear” makeup, (I don’t think I look like a clown) however; I would like to know more about which brushes I should use for what product(s), eye techniques, brand names, etc. I would say this will be a new hobby. I’m sure Andrew is… thrilled…ha!
Anywho, Sophia and I stopped by Sephora in the Poughkeepsie Galleria, after I picked her up from daycare. Sophia was such a good girl! She entertained herself by eating some Cheerios, playing with a few toys, biting my fingers (thanks to tooth number 6) as a beauty consultant assisted me to find an “everyday” look.
- No one asked me if I needed assistance for the first 8 mins. into my visit.
- Only a handful of the employees presented themselves as if they worked in the beauty industry.
- Surprised that employees are not required to have experience in the beauty industry.
- Impressed with the knowledge Kristen, consultant who helped me, has even though she did not have any background in the beauty industry- it’s just her passion.
- I learned a few new application techniques:
- how to correctly apply concealer, foundation, and blush
- how to correctly outline your face with bronzer- Use the letter E or # 3 as a guide.
- Smashbox Complexion Try it Kit in Fair. Kit includes: High Def. foundation, HD concealer, photo finish foundation primer, and Mini Halo to go Hydrating Perfecting Powder.
- Sephora Skinny Brush Wrap
- Sephora Rouge Shine Lipstick
- Sephora Le Waterproof Mascara
Leave a Reply