Happy Saturday, Mamas!!
I figured since I really haven’t had a meaningful post here in a while, I’d share some random facts, life lessons and current interests all about me and our crazy lil’ family!
These aren’t in any type of order.
I just started typing….So.. here we go!!
1. I’ve learned time does indeed heal wounds. I reconnected with someone who I actually never thought I’d speak to again. Took three years to forgive and reconnect.. Glad it happened.
2. Zika Virus- go away! You are totally ruining it for some mamas around here!!
3. Alzheimer’s disease is so unbelievably sad. I never wish it upon anyone. Rest in peace, Nana <3
4. Our recent trip to Disney had no major hiccups!
5. Country music is my jam! The Hubs was able to get us tickets plus a meet and greet with Luke Bryan at an overnight destination. Perfect evening for the two of us after not being away from the kids for 2.5 years.
6. I’m a social media junkie with a purpose- help myself and other mamas survive mommyhood.
7. I really like to go fishing- very relaxing for me. But I won’t put the bait on the hook or take the hook out of the fish’s mouth.. My father does that 🙂
8. Lipsticks are my latest obsession. #pinksandreds
9. The growth from age 3-4 is mind-blowing (Future blog post to come!)
10. We are going on a Disney cruise this summer with Andrew’s family! #NikolasandDiazs #partyof11
11. I accidentally ‘glutened’ Sophia. Luckily, she didn’t have a super horrendous reaction. Still broke my heart.
12. Kate Spade handbags are <3 <3
13. Ironically, I prefer my Fitbit over my Kate Spade watch.
14. Sophia went to her first movie in a theater on her birthday. She loved Zootopia ,
15. My Mom was admitted to the hospital for a collapsed lung and pneumonia. Doctors were 90% sure she had lung cancer. I was preparing for the worse but results came back, negative! #thankyoujesus
16. Since my mom has a clean bill of health, my brother, my dad and I decided to get my Mom something she’s been wanting for years now…A miniature poodle… Meet Mack!
17. I enjoy lifting as part of my workout. I see so much more definition and feel strong! #strongfitmama
18. I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.. Although I may not understand why the heck it is happening, in one way or another, it will all make sense…
19. I’ve secretly become a history geek… At least 7th grade US History..
20. Our camper- we upgraded to a more child-friendly camper (with an amazing deal, too good to pass-up). Future post to come!
21. My weakness: Tortilla chips and cereal #sobadbutsogood
22. Our family isn’t complete just yet!
23. Our dog, Jake, had eye surgery due to glaucoma and now has a prosthetic eye.
24. We attended our first, Kentucky Derby Party!! You all know I love themed parties!
25. Sophia is on a soccer team and is in dance.
26. I love both Sophia and Brayden with all my heart.. But there’s just something about a Mama and her son..
27. I try to eat healthy and clean 80% of the time.. I am human and I treat myself here and there.
28. My kids eat macaroni and cheese from a box (gluten free though).
29. Brayden loves trains, trucks, his Poppy and fishing!
30. We become close with my cousin and her family. It’s great making memories with family <3
I think I’ll cut it there..
I don’t want to babble on but I wanted to give you all an update on what’s been happening in our lives for the last few months..
We are looking forward to summer- stay tuned to our summer bucket list!
What are some of your bucket list plans?