- In the mood for Chinese?
Let me tell you, this crockpot beef and broccoli will hit the spot!!! It is absolutely AAAAMMMAZING!! So simple to prepare and deeeeelicious!!!
I modified some of the ingredients to make it gluten free and 21 Day Fix Friendly 🙂
What you need:
- 2 lbs. sirloin steak or lean stew beef tips.
- 1 cup of gluten free beef broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce or Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or you can make your own using trivia with organic maple syrup or agave nectar.
- 1 Tablespoon ultra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1 (12 oz.) bag frozen broccoli florets
- Brown rice, cooked
*Whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, and garlic in the crockpot.
- *Place beef in the liquid and toss to coat. Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
- *When done, whisk together cornstarch and water in small bowl. Pour into crock pot and stir to mix well.
- *Add the frozen broccoli over the beef and sauce. Gently stir to combine. Cover with lid and cook 30 minutes to cook broccoli and thicken sauce.
- *Serve over warm rice.
Adapted by Lifeinthelofthouse.com