Andrew and I love Ahi Tuna.
I came across a recipe in my bible of a cookbook, “Fixate,” and decided to give it a shot.
It was amazing! The picture doesn’t do justice!
Here’s what I did to make this mouth-watering and gluten free, Seared Ahi Tuna served over brown rice and veggies-
1 tsp. olive oil
1 medium onion cut into wedges
1 med bell pepper, sliced
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. ground chili powder
4 (4-oz) raw ahi tuna steaks
4 cups of brown rice (one pack of brown rice)
1. Heat oil in a large over medium heat.
2. Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 min. or until onion is translucent.
3. Add tomatoes cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft. Remove veggies from skillet. Set aside.
4. Combine salt, pepper, and chili powder in a small bowl, mix well.
5. Coat all sides of ahi steaks with seasoning
6. Heat the same skillet over medium-high heat.
7. Add ahi; sear for 2 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness. Remove from heat.
8. Slice tuna on an angle.
9. Serve tuna over rice and side of veggies.
21 Day Fix equivalents per serving: 1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow
Don’t forget, you can save any leftover tuna and put it over salad for lunch the next day!