I finally found a delicious recipe for clean and gluten free oatmeal! The last time I attempted to make anything with Old Fashioned Rolled oats, I was not thrilled.. In fact, the whole dish went right in the garbage! However, these little muffins are super tasty and easy to make! T
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. gluten free vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened (apples in Vitamix or blender work well, too)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 1/2 cups, Old Fashioned gluten free rolled oats instead
- 1/8 cup chia or flax seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Toppings such as blueberries, raspberries, strawberries chopped apples, raisins, chocolate/peanut butter morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix eggs, vanilla, milk, applesauce, banana and honey together in a bowl.
- Add in oats, chia or flax seeds (if using), cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Mix well.
- Grease a muffin pan or line with cupcake liners
- Divide mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Adding topping
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean like a cake.