I was in the mood for breakfast-type foods so I figured I’d give it a shot. Below are two delicious, mouth watering and “Heather Proof” (easy) weight watcher recipes that I found via Weight Watchers and Pinterest.
*I will post the Pasta Fagioli recipe soon!
Weight Watchers Veggie Frittata, Mama Style
- 1/2 lb (half bag) frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 1/4 cup of egg substitute
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 cup of red pepper, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
- 5 slices cooked turkey bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- ½ cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350, coat a 12 cup muffin pan.
Cook hash browns as directed on bag (in skillet with cooking oil, 4-7 mins. then flip)
Meanwhile, make the filling: In a medium bowl combine: egg substitute, milk, peppers, onion, chives, broccoli, parsley, bacon and cheese, mix until well blended.
- Remove the potatoes from skillet and allow to cool. Then create a “mini pie crust,” lining (no more than 1/2 inch thick) the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Pour ¼ of the mixture into the center of each muffin cup.
- Put in oven and bake until muffins are not “runny” (like a cake). About 20- 25 mins. (It took me 24 mins.)
|I topped-off some of them with some extra cheese|
Ricotta and Broccoli Frittata Recipe, with Bacon
5 TBS of unsalted butter-softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg, raw
1 tsp of Vanilla extract
2 cups of white flour
2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup of low-fat milk
4 medium bananas, ripe, mashed
1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray or use liners.
Place sugar and butter in a large blow; cream with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until thoroughly mixed.
In another large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add half of flour mixture to butter mixture; beat well with mixer. Add milk and remaining flour mixture; beat until batter is combined and then fold in mashed bananas and chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake until muffins start to brown and a tester inserted in center of muffin comes out clean(like a cake), 25-30 mins ( took me 29 mins).
|Before going into the oven.|
|not too messy|
Please feel free to leave any recipe suggestions or questions. I’d love to hear from you 🙂
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4771405/?claim=m2h572jmwur”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>